By using the AdvanceNet Group’s services, you agree to comply with our Policies and Procedures, including this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Users of all or any of our services, including our website, are expected to use those services with respect, consideration and in a responsible manner. We therefore require that all users of our services will use common sense to determine what is considered acceptable use.
- The violation of any trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property rights;
- Any activity which contravenes the laws of the Republic of South Africa, including but not limited to, the transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is pornographic or constitutes a legal threat;
- The avocation, promotion or support of software piracy using our services;
- The distribution of private in formation using our services; and
- The use of any of our services in such a way that contravenes the Consumer Protection Act, 2009.
We reserve the right to limit or request enhancements to services which are customised or changed in any way by the customer, if, and only if, we find that those modified services adversely affect the network or performance of our shared services for other customers.
We prohibit the use of any of our services for any reason other than its intended purpose or function.
This AUP is a guideline, and the clauses outlined herein are not exhaustive. We reserve the right to limit or cancel services which contravene the terms laid out in this policy.
Any violation of our systems or network security may result in criminal and/or civil action being taken against the perpetrator(s). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Accessing, using or monitoring any of our services, authentication methods, security measures, data or network traffic without authorisation;
- Interfering with services to any user, host or network, including denial of service attacks and attempts to overload a system in any form; and
- Forging, intercepting, or altering any part of a TCPIP packet related to our services.
None of our services may be used to encourage or facilitate the sending of unsolicited email or spam.
We will have sole discretion when determining what constitutes a breach of this policy.
Consequences of Breach
Should we become aware of any violation of this policy, we may initiate an investigation during which access to our services may be restricted.
Suspension of services due to any violation of this policy will not be credited to the customer’s account and we will not be liable for any damages, loss or inconvenience caused whilst the services are suspended.